When I posted a survey the other day, the top request was that I share product usage tips so today that's what I'm doing! I'm going to share 36 ways to use essential oils. I hope that this list helps you realize some new ways to use the oils that you have on hand! If you're the video watching type, take a peek at this 5 minute video from Young Living. If not, scroll down for all thirty-six tips! Which one is your favorite tip?
- 2 drops of your favorite oil on a cotton ball and put in the bottom of your trash can.
- Make your own perfume roller.
- Make a DIY natural lotion bar. Recipe here.
- Treat yourself and your locks to an essential oil infused hair mask. Recipe here.
- Support your weight-management program by pairing a healthy diet and exercise with two drops of Grapefruit Vitality in your water.
- Add 2 drops of Purification to your laundry detergent.
- Create a DIY cleaning scrub with 3 drops Lemon, 1/2 cup baking soda and water.
- Make a DIY salt scrub with Grapefruit. Recipe here.
- Make a DIY room refresher by combining 8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil and 1 cup water. (pro tip: add a dash of epsom salt to the oil before the water to help the oil disperse)
- Add Copaiba and PanAway with epsom salt and warm water for a relaxing foot soak.
- Create a custom beard oil with essential oils such as Bergamot and Cedarwood. Recipe here.
- Mix 5 drops of Thieves with 1/2 cup baking soda and sprinkle the mixture over your carpets. Let sit for 10 minutes and vacuum.
- Get mermaid hair with a homemade spray infused with essential oils. Recipe here.
- Make Thieves cleaning fizzies to easily clean the tub, sink or toilet. Recipe here.
- Remove sticker residue left with a few drops of Lemon and wiping away with a rag.
- Add 4 drops of Cedarwood to shampoo or conditioner for shinier-looking hair.
- Add Tangerine to your homemade play dough for a fun, uplifting scent.
- Add 2 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata and 4 drops of Ylang Ylang to a steamy bath. (pro tip: add oils to a handful of epsom salt then add to bath)
- Combine 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup vinegar and 5 drops Lemon to a bowl. Microwave the mixture for 3-5 minutes and wipe away the grime!
- Craft DIY bath crayons to add extra fun to the kids' tub time. Recipe here.
- Add Geranium to your body lotion for an added peaceful, calming aroma.
- Add a dash of instant flavor with a drop of Oregano Vitality or Basil Vitality in your homemade pasta sauce.
- Stay fresh by mixing Tea Tree and Lemongrass and applying for a natural deodorant.
- Create a DIY Monster Spray with fresh and peaceful aromas to invite pleasant dreams. Add to a 4 oz spray bottle with a splash of witch hazel and topped off with water. Our favorite combos are
3 drops of each Bergamot + Lemongrass + Grapefruit or
4 drops Cedarwood + 3 drops Lavender + 2 drops Vetiver or
5 drops Stress Away + 4 drops Ylang Ylang
- Create a natural dry shampoo for the moments when you're too busy to wash your hair. Combine 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1 tablespoon baking soda, 2 drops Cedarwood, 2 drops Rosemary and 1 drop Tea Tree (add 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder for dark hair). Add to a shaker bottle and sprinkle on hair. Leave for 2-3 minutes then brush.
- Rub one drop of Tea Tree and one drop of carrier oil on your cuticles.
- Combine 6 drops of essential oil (such as Lavender or Copaiba) with 1 cup of epsom salt for a soothing bath.
- Include 5 drops of Lavender to your laundry during the rinse cycle when you wash your sheets. The calming aroma is perfect for drifting off to dreamland.
- Make a DIY face mask for a night of pampering, relaxation and fun. Recipes per skin type here.
- Add a few drops of Lemon or Purification to your toilet paper roll. Whenever someone uses it, the aroma will naturally disperse.
- Include 3 drops of Lemon with your dishwasher detergent for an aromatic citrus burst during the wash cycle.
- Enjoy a soothing massage with 3 drops of Northern Lights Black Spruce or Palo Santo combined with your favorite Carrier Oil.
- Use 2 drops of Jasmine when you apply your daytime moisturizer for the appearance of healthier-looking skin.
- Get rid of tough stains with a homemade stain stick. Recipe here.
- Use a portable diffuser with an invigorating scent like Peppermint or Citrus Fresh for an aromatic boost to your morning.
- Soak in a relaxing oatmeal-lavender bath for a moment of quiet calm. Recipe here.
We all know there are countless ways to use our oils. Which one are you excited to try?