Lavender – Trauma/PTSD, Allergies, Anxiety, Arthritis, Calluses, Diarrhea, Hot Spots, Obedience Training, Pain,
Citronella – Fleas
Copaiba – Trauma/PTSD, Allergies, Arthritis, Calluses, Diarrhea, Hot Spots, Pain, Vomiting,
Frankincense – Trauma/PTSD, Allergies, Anxiety, Arthritis, Calluses, Obedience Training, Pain,
Ginger – Diarrhea, Hot Spots, Vomiting,
Lemongrass – Calluses & Fleas
Tea Tree – Calluses, Fleas, Hot Spots,
German Chamomile – Trauma/PTSD, Anxiety, Calluses,
Peppermint – Allergies, Arthritis, Fleas, Obedience Training, Pain, Vomiting,
Diarrhea is any condition in which a dog produces an abnormal amount of soft or liquid feces. It can be a sign of so many things! Dogs just like humans can be affected by a lot. If your, otherwise healthy dog does have diarrhea it could be due to stress, a sudden change in diet, or viral, bacterial or parasitic infections. Also, your dogs are hunting animals, so it can be caused by scavenging behavior.
We, of course highly recommend, consulting a veterinary health professional to determine the cause and prevent complications.
That is normal during open office hours, what do you do though when it is 8 PM and they are closed? It is not an emergency situation. **
Here are a few tips and suggestions to help you get through the night until you can speak to your vet in the morning.
- Pumpkin Puree – (straight up pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie filling!) add 1 – 4 teaspoons to your pup’s food. It is a good idea to start out in smaller quantities, to avoid adding too much fiber to your dog’s diet. You can purchase this at any grocery store.
- Slippery Elm – read the bottle for dosing instructions. – this one might be a bit harder to find. Some people recommend health stores such as Whole Foods or perhaps online, such as Amazon.
- Make sure that your dog has plenty of access to clean water to avoid dehydration. If needed you can offer him, dilute chicken, beef broth, or Pedialyte in addition to water.
- Until your dog’s feces return to normal, you can offer your dog some boiled chicken white meat and white rice.
Oils to use:
- Topically – 1-2 drops intestine area
- DiGize (can also be applied on stomach area) Or you can use these other oils:
- Citrus Fresh
- Inhalation (in a diffuser)
- Citrus Fresh
Also keep in mind, not all signs of diarrhea are from medical problems. Some of them can also be due to stress/anxiety. Such as moving, visiting a new place/person, or a new guest coming over. What you can do, if you suspect it is just from stress.
You can grab an empty gel capsule. You can purchase them online, Whole Foods, or other health stores.
To 1 capsule add: (administer twice daily)
- Peppermint – 1-5 drops
- Copaiba – 1-5 drops
- Lavender – 1-5 drops
- Ginger – 1-5 drops
** If your dog appears healthy, is drinking water and acting normally.
Please note: Listen to your gut, you know your pup the best. If they are not themselves, and it is more than just about of an upset tummy. If your dog is showing other symptoms, lethargy, seems to be in pain, not drinking water, or so forth. Take your dog to the emergency vet