I have a different kind of post for you today - I'm sorry that it's not full of fun recipes or helpful product information. I do feel like this is information that you need to know, however...because it impacts us all and I know not all of you see things on Facebook or otherwise. If you've been around for a while (or even if you haven't), you know that we've gone through an incredible season of growth in a short time. The current state of the world has meant that more people are seeking natural options and our website, warehouses and other things just haven't been able to keep up. This was especially seen last weekend in our Holiday Catalog launch (click to see it). The products are so good (hello Vanilla!!) and so wanted that we had 3x our biggest day EVER and we broke the website. This led to YL taking the site down which obviously caused frustration.
Corporate has been working tirelessly and virtually non-stop since Saturday to find solutions to give us what we need: a working, non-glitchy website that is beautiful and easy to use as well as less trouble with shipping in a timely manner. This means that there are some things in the next few months that will be different than years past. Black Friday will look different this year but it's all in an effort to make things RIGHT for the growth we're experiencing. While it can be frustrating, they are taking the right steps to make sure these things don't happen again. I'm so grateful that you all are here and I hope that Young Living can continue to be a place where you find solutions for yourself and your families...because our family sure has! And that is the reason why I stick around. I know how I feel when I don't have these products (ahem, not well!!) so I have kept my chin up despite the frustrating times. I am so encouraged by our new COO & President as well as the rest of corporate who are making things right for us. Below is the very long but very informative info from Corporate. Please let me know if you have any questions.
As we head toward the hustle and bustle of the season, we have a few important announcements and updates for our Young Living members. This will be going out late this afternoon to your email inboxes in the general Grow newsletter.
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
The week of November 9, you’ll be able to shop Holiday Launch products in your Virtual Office. All Holiday Gift Guide items are still in stock, so hold on to your wish list until you can shop early November!
Moving forward, we are investing in innovative systems that will support us as we continue to grow. We know you want a business that you can rely on—one that’s stable and secure. Thank you for your patience as we work on a solution that protects you and your business and allows us to build a platform that you are proud to support.
Look for more details about shopping the 2020 Holiday Gift Guide soon!
New SHOPPING PLATFORM coming even sooner!
We’re swapping Black Friday for something even bigger: we are accelerating the launch of the new online shopping platform! In the coming weeks, as we work to create a positive online experience—including shopping, checkout, and enrollment—we will finish building, testing, and retesting the new website to ensure everything is functional and easy to use. Members will begin to transition by rank starting in mid-November, with all ranks transitioned by the end of the year.
PRESSING PAUSE to focus on what’s important
We want to ensure that holiday shopping, our IT updates, and the new shopping platform kick off without a hitch. For this reason, we’ve made the decision to focus entirely on these important events and hold off on any new promotions until the new year.
What does this look like? Other than the PV promo, we’re pausing general promotions, including Level Up/Double Up, until further notice. But good news—programs like Silver Bound are still in play! Prioritizing our current systems and new launches will help us start 2021 off with the momentum that we need and you deserve!
For additional info about these updates, please check out the FAQ below.
We’re excited to see how these changes will improve the Young Living experience. Thank you for your support as we grow together!
Q. WHAT ARE WE DOING TO REMEDY THE HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE ORDERING ISSUE?
A. We are waiting to turn on the holiday products until we have a system in place that can handle the load. In the short term, this includes an upgrade on Thursday, October 22, from 3–11 a.m., MT, to increase capacity and improve performance. Our website will be down during this time.
Q. WHEN WILL WE TURN HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE PRODUCTS BACK ON FOR PURCHASE?
A. Holiday Gift Guide orders will begin the week of November 9 in your Virtual Office. All Holiday Launch items are still in stock and will be available in your Virtual Office for a limited time while supplies last. Our 2020 Holiday Gift Guide will also be available once items are online.
Q. ARE ITEMS SOLD OUT, OR WILL I HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE WHEN ORDERING RESUMES?
A. All Holiday Gift Guide items are in stock, despite what system errors may have stated. Upon reopening orders, items will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Q. WILL I BE ABLE TO PURCHASE OTHER ITEMS IN THE SAME ORDER, OR ONLY PRODUCTS FROM THE 2020 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE?
A. Once ordering resumes, you will be able to purchase any of our products, including holiday products, in a single order.
Q. IS HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE PURCHASING STILL GOING TO TAKE PLACE THROUGH THE VIRTUAL OFFICE?
A. Yes, Holiday Gift Guide purchases will take place in the VO. Holiday Launch products will not be available for purchase via phone.
Q. WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ORDER WENT THROUGH SUCCESSFULLY ON OCTOBER 17?
A. If your order went through prior to the system closure, your order will be processed and shipped as normal. Because of product limits, you will not be able to order additional quantity of the same Holiday Launch items once we bring products back online. Original limits were set to a monthly reset, but we will treat the November relaunch date as if it were still October to give more members the opportunity to enjoy our holiday products.
Q. WILL THERE BE ANY LIMITS ON HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE PURCHASES?
A. Yes, many of the items have a limit of one or two per item, per account. Please see the full 2020 Holiday Gift Guide Price List for more information.
Q. WHEN HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE ORDERING RESUMES, WILL I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RECEIVE ORDERS BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS?
A. We will do our best to process your orders as quickly as possible.
Q. WHO CAN I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT MY HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE ORDERS?
A. Please contact Member Services at 1.800.371.3515 and have your Member ID ready. Or, if you are calling on behalf of your downline, have their Member ID ready so that our agents can help you quicker.
Q. WHEN WILL THE CANADA HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE ITEMS BE AVAILABLE FOR ORDERING?
A. We plan to relaunch holiday items for Canada as early as the last week of October. Stay tuned for an exact date.
Q. WILL NFR MEMBERS BE ABLE TO PURCHASE ITEMS FROM THE HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE?
A. Yes! Starting November 13, NFR members can shop our Holiday Launch products.
Q. WILL HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE ITEMS BE AVAILABLE FOR ESSENTIAL REWARDS?
A. Holiday products will be available for ER beginning on December 1 for permanent products pending inventory availability.
Q. WILL THE ONCE UPON A FARM COLLECTION LAUNCH WITH THE REST OF THE HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE PRODUCTS IN NOVEMBER?
A. Yes! We will include the Once Upon a Farm Collection when we launch our holiday products in November.
Q. WHY IS YOUNG LIVING PAUSING PROMOTIONS THROUGH THE END OF THE YEAR?
A. Rather than continue promotions that could potentially lead to a poor shopping experience for members, we are prioritizing our system stabilization. This will allow us to put all focus on supporting you and your business during our time of growth.
Q. ARE PROMOTIONS ONLY PAUSED FOR THE U.S. MARKET, OR ARE ALL MARKETS INCLUDED?
A. The PV promo will continue in the U.S. and Canada markets; however, additional promotions, such as Level Up, will be postponed until 2021. For members outside North America, please check with your local market leadership.
Q: WHAT IS THE NEW SHOPPING PLATFORM?
A: We are transitioning to a cloud-based, scalable e-commerce website. This new website is where you will place all orders, manage your account information, update monthly subscriptions, earn and redeem loyalty points, manage and use credits, view orders and order history, and update address or payment information.
Q. WHEN WILL THE NEW SHOPPING PLATFORM LAUNCH?
A. We are accelerating the launch of the new online shopping platform to support a positive shopping experience. We will finish building, testing, and retesting the new website to ensure everything is functional. We will start transitioning members in mid-November, and all members will be on the new site by the end of the year.
Q: ARE ALL MARKETS TRANSITIONING TO THE NEW SHOPPING PLATFORM?
A: At this time, only the U.S. market will transition to the new shopping platform. All markets are scheduled to transition in 2021, with Canada transitioning the first quarter.
Q: WHY WILL IT TAKE SO LONG TO SWITCH TO THE NEW SITE?
A: Each of the millions of members will need to be transitioned to the site, including all order histories, account information, payment information, contact information, and subscriptions. We want to ensure we take the time to do it right.
Q: IF THIS IS BASED ON THE CLOUD, WILL MEMBERS’ CONTACT INFORMATION BE PROTECTED?
A: Yes, we have taken all safety precautions necessary and vetted our new shopping platform partner to protect and safeguard the information you have entrusted to us.
Q: HOW DOES THE NEW SHOPPING PLATFORM ADDRESS OUT-OF-STOCK AND SHIPPING CHALLENGES?
A. Unfortunately, the new shopping platform does not address out-of-stock and shipping challenges, but we are approaching these issues with the same focus, sense of urgency, and innovation as the launch of our new website. New Shopping Platform
Q. WILL BLACK FRIDAY AND CYBER MONDAY TAKE PLACE IN 2020?
A. Our Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions are currently on hold as we work around the clock to enhance the online shopping experience.
Q. WILL FREE SHIPPING CONTINUE?
A. Yes, free shipping will be unaffected.
Do your kids ever get overstimulated and have trouble falling asleep at the end of the day? Do you ever have that feeling?
I want to share with you today one of my favorite supplements that was released this year - Unwind. It's part of the KidScents line but adults can benefit from it too. In fact, I'm the one that uses this one in my home! Unwind promotes a calm state and helps with occasional sleeplessness. It also reduces restlessness and eases occasional irritability (hello!! we can all benefit from this!). One of the really cool benefits is that it also helps improve focus and mental clarity the next day...which can be beneficial in the classroom or home. Plus, did you know that a healthy night's sleep helps with your immune system as well? Healthy sleep can help with a healthy body...they go hand in hand.
Unwind features calming ingredients such as L-theanine, 5-HTP and magnesium. As an added calming bonus it also has lavender and roman chamomile essential oils as well.
- L-theanine: Occurring naturally in green tea, L-theanine helps promote a sense of relaxation while helping ease occasional irritability. It also offers next-day benefits, helping improve focus and mental clarity in the home and the classroom.
- 5-HTP: Working synergistically with L-theanine, 5-HTP promotes a calm state and relieves occasional stress.
- Magnesium: Naturally derived and
necessary in over 300 metabolic
reactions in the body, magnesium
plays a role in defending against
occasional sleeplessness and
may also bring a sense of calm
to your environment.
Unwind can be taken directly from the packet or mixed with juice. I personally love it mixed with orange juice. It can be used on kids aged 4+ and as I've said, it's great for adults as well. I use it whenever I want to achieve an extra deep sleep. Have you tried Unwind yet? Give it a shot and let me know what you think.
When I posted a survey the other day, the top request was that I share product usage tips so today that's what I'm doing! I'm going to share 36 ways to use essential oils. I hope that this list helps you realize some new ways to use the oils that you have on hand! If you're the video watching type, take a peek at this 5 minute video from Young Living. If not, scroll down for all thirty-six tips! Which one is your favorite tip?
- 2 drops of your favorite oil on a cotton ball and put in the bottom of your trash can.
- Make your own perfume roller.
- Make a DIY natural lotion bar. Recipe here.
- Treat yourself and your locks to an essential oil infused hair mask. Recipe here.
- Support your weight-management program by pairing a healthy diet and exercise with two drops of Grapefruit Vitality in your water.
- Add 2 drops of Purification to your laundry detergent.
- Create a DIY cleaning scrub with 3 drops Lemon, 1/2 cup baking soda and water.
- Make a DIY salt scrub with Grapefruit. Recipe here.
- Make a DIY room refresher by combining 8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil and 1 cup water. (pro tip: add a dash of epsom salt to the oil before the water to help the oil disperse)
- Add Copaiba and PanAway with epsom salt and warm water for a relaxing foot soak.
- Create a custom beard oil with essential oils such as Bergamot and Cedarwood. Recipe here.
- Mix 5 drops of Thieves with 1/2 cup baking soda and sprinkle the mixture over your carpets. Let sit for 10 minutes and vacuum.
- Get mermaid hair with a homemade spray infused with essential oils. Recipe here.
- Make Thieves cleaning fizzies to easily clean the tub, sink or toilet. Recipe here.
- Remove sticker residue left with a few drops of Lemon and wiping away with a rag.
- Add 4 drops of Cedarwood to shampoo or conditioner for shinier-looking hair.
- Add Tangerine to your homemade play dough for a fun, uplifting scent.
- Add 2 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata and 4 drops of Ylang Ylang to a steamy bath. (pro tip: add oils to a handful of epsom salt then add to bath)
- Combine 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup vinegar and 5 drops Lemon to a bowl. Microwave the mixture for 3-5 minutes and wipe away the grime!
- Craft DIY bath crayons to add extra fun to the kids' tub time. Recipe here.
- Add Geranium to your body lotion for an added peaceful, calming aroma.
- Add a dash of instant flavor with a drop of Oregano Vitality or Basil Vitality in your homemade pasta sauce.
- Stay fresh by mixing Tea Tree and Lemongrass and applying for a natural deodorant.
- Create a DIY Monster Spray with fresh and peaceful aromas to invite pleasant dreams. Add to a 4 oz spray bottle with a splash of witch hazel and topped off with water. Our favorite combos are
3 drops of each Bergamot + Lemongrass + Grapefruit or
4 drops Cedarwood + 3 drops Lavender + 2 drops Vetiver or
5 drops Stress Away + 4 drops Ylang Ylang
- Create a natural dry shampoo for the moments when you're too busy to wash your hair. Combine 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1 tablespoon baking soda, 2 drops Cedarwood, 2 drops Rosemary and 1 drop Tea Tree (add 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder for dark hair). Add to a shaker bottle and sprinkle on hair. Leave for 2-3 minutes then brush.
- Rub one drop of Tea Tree and one drop of carrier oil on your cuticles.
- Combine 6 drops of essential oil (such as Lavender or Copaiba) with 1 cup of epsom salt for a soothing bath.
- Include 5 drops of Lavender to your laundry during the rinse cycle when you wash your sheets. The calming aroma is perfect for drifting off to dreamland.
- Make a DIY face mask for a night of pampering, relaxation and fun. Recipes per skin type here.
- Add a few drops of Lemon or Purification to your toilet paper roll. Whenever someone uses it, the aroma will naturally disperse.
- Include 3 drops of Lemon with your dishwasher detergent for an aromatic citrus burst during the wash cycle.
- Enjoy a soothing massage with 3 drops of Northern Lights Black Spruce or Palo Santo combined with your favorite Carrier Oil.
- Use 2 drops of Jasmine when you apply your daytime moisturizer for the appearance of healthier-looking skin.
- Get rid of tough stains with a homemade stain stick. Recipe here.
- Use a portable diffuser with an invigorating scent like Peppermint or Citrus Fresh for an aromatic boost to your morning.
- Soak in a relaxing oatmeal-lavender bath for a moment of quiet calm. Recipe here.
We all know there are countless ways to use our oils. Which one are you excited to try?