I am about to embark on a new journey. Although I've done a lot of elimination of foods already this will really be the test of what impact food has on my body. Gluten and dairy won't be hard to give up because I already know that days I go without I feel so much more energy and less joint pain and stiffness. Not too mention my GI tract goes into a state of zen when I eat right. But no sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol and vegan? What does that leave right?
Here are just a few things one veteran of this 21 day cleanse had to say about what she learned from this expereience:
1. How to identify real hunger versus emotional hunger.
2. Sugar was not her friend.
3. Gluten gave her brain fog.
4. Tequila is truly the best alcohol choice for her body.
5. She needed less sleep when she ate clean.
6. Her aches and pains basically went away.
7. She craved smoothies like nobody’s business.
8. Coffee made her feel crazy.
9. Grains are not as awesome as she once thought.
10. Eating out on a clean program diet is not that difficult.
11. Cheat when you want — just make sure you appreciate the hell out of it.
12. You can still be social.
13. She feels much sexier, leaner, and has a healthy glow.
14. Costco is a mecca for smoothie ingredients.
15. Pooping has never been so good.
16. People will react very differently.
17. She now consciously chooses every single thing that goes into her body
18. Treat breakfast as a time for “breaking the fast.”
19. Including friends is fun.
20. After doing this, she felt like she really could do anything.
Does this sound good to you? I mean seriously she said one week into her diet, all of her pain she had been living with chronically for years from an accident was gone. She lost weight, lost the stomach bloat, and water weight and her skin glowed. She saved money from going without lattes (look out Starbucks, 21 days of not investing may leave me more budget for oils!). Her sleep cycles regulated and she was waking up with pep in her step.
If it weren't for my own health gains thus far I might be hesitant to believe how fast this can all take place but after watching the first group go thru this cleanse with Lindsey Elmore and the photos of the before and afters I have no doubt that our bodies respond quickly. So who wants to join me? It will be more fun with friends just like Amy said. My vita-mix is ready and I'm inspired to see what changes my family will see for Thanksgiving!