To me, health is a resource that allows one to live a happier, more vibrant life with loved ones.
Over the preceding several articles, I’ve focused on a whole person approach to wellness that integrates the mind, body, spirit, and promotes social connections. Several techniques and resources have been discussed.
- a holistic health framework which consists of relationships, engagement, vitality, accomplishment, meaning, and positive emotions
- joyful movement to nurture the mind and boost brain function
- EFT and HeartMath for emotional and social wellbeing
- the Health at Every Size philosophy of staying healthy in one’s body through nourishing and nurturing it, not obsessing on body size and participating in body shaming
- providing resources for staying healthy in a chemical world through clean food, safe and non-toxic personal care and household products, and quality water
Now, I will complete our wellness series with more information on the vital role of the mind, emotions, and spirituality for mind-body balance.
- Mindset as medicine
- Spirituality in healthcare
- The benefits of laughter on health
- Essential oils for mental health and addiction
- The healing power of love