Start the new year with an integrative focus on your health and wellness. Calm the mind-body, support defense and repair, enhance overall wellness, pamper your skin, and get unstuck from the past to move forward with a fresh start in 2023.
January 2023’s gifts with purchase are:
Bonuses for Loyalty Customers:
- Anyone ordering $100 + PV gets 10 free loyalty points to use with their next order.
- Anyone ordering $190+ PV gets Super Vitamin D
Below is more information on the gifts and oily education from my own research and YL's product overviews.
January 2023 Young Living Promotions
Lavender is soothing to the mind, supportive of neurological health, acts as an antioxidant, and has a variety of additional benefits. These include brain, skin, and sleep support, reducing stress (lowering cortisol), and even more.
This “universal oil” is the number one oil for any anxious mood. In fact, oral use of lavender in Europe has been clinically validated to be effective for alleviating anxiety symptoms, even in comparison to anxiety medication. (source, source)
Using Lavender Oil
- I recommend diffusing lavender at night for all my clients to help relax their minds and prepare them for sleep.
- For stress-related hormonal imbalance, I suggest applying one or two drops a day with a carrier oil to the back of the neck or wrists and to inhale the scent.
- For severe mood and gut-brain issues, I recommend 1-2 drops taken in a capsule. I use a specific brand safe for oral use. (Please read my series on quality essential oils.)
Satin Facial Scrub polishes and gently lifts and removes dry, dead skin cells to reveal bright and even-looking skin. Plus, it has pure Peppermint premium essential oil for a minty scent and tingly fresh feel. Peppermint oil is also a wonderful oil to enhance focus and energy with inhalation.
- Biodegradable apricot seed powder gently scrubs away skin-damaging environmental pollution and dead skin cells. These USA-sourced round grains are skin friendly and leave the surface of skin smoothed and renewed.
- Mango seed butter and raspberry extract provide vitamin C and antioxidants that nourish and moisturize.
- Peppermint essential oil, sourced in the USA, has skin-clarifying and pore-tightening properties and refreshes, and invigorates skin.
- Sunflower seed oil is rich in vitamin E for antioxidant protection.
Read more here.
Check out how YL uses green technology and preserves the environment in their products, such as this facial scrub, and learn more about the company in this month’s YL Essential Edge.
Super Vitamin D supports the defense and repair and respiratory systems with 250 percent of the daily value of vitamin D. Vitamin D plays a key function in respiratory health through innate and adaptive defense mechanisms. Super Vitamin D also supports bone growth and healthy muscles. This highly absorbable, vegan-friendly tablet is made with lemon balm extract and Lime and Melissa premium essential oils, which support mood and hormone regulation.*
Features & Benefits
- Plays a key function in respiratory health*
- Supports the body’s respiratory system through its innate, adaptive defense mechanisms*
- Helps balance defense and repair systems*
- Supports mood and hormone regulation with vitamin D and lemon balm *
- Helps support bone growth and healthy muscle*
- Supports calcium balance and bone growth*
Essential Oil Highlights
Melissa officinalis† (Melissa) leaf oil
Also known as lemon balm, melissa oil has a variety of properties that may support better mood. As evidence in petri dishes and rodents, this oil has benefits that include protecting against oxidative stress, inhibiting unwanted microbes and viruses, supporting healthy lipid levels, and modulating inflammatory pathways. (source, source, source, source, source, source, source).
Melissa oil was shown in one study to help with prevention of agitation in dementia patients. Melissa was shown to assist with blood sugar levels in rodents, we all know how hangry effects emotions!
Citrus Oils (Lime Oil)
Citrus smells are well-known for their mood enhancing and nervous system balancing properties. Citrus oils have been found to relieve anxiety, enhance focus, and uplift the mood. They are one of my first choices for children to enhance attention and assist with completing schoolwork.
Directions: Take 2 tablets daily with food. Place in mouth and allow to dissolve for 5−10 seconds, then chew for optimal results.
Sources on Vitamin D
When my naturopathic and functional medicine clients tell me that they are struggling, feeling emotionally or physically stuck, powerless, or fearful, I often explain to them the concept of acceptance and how it may help them to unlock their own self-efficacy and ignite momentum.
Next, I regularly suggest an essential oil blend to support this first step in their process of transformation. This blend can be used in conjunction with therapy or any other means that is helpful to the individual. As my clients are shifting emotionally, the essential oils also aid to support the physical body and their nervous system tone.
With the intent of being very transparent, although I can tell you the mechanisms of actions of essential oils and their effects, combining essential oils into blends that work therapeutically and synergistically as an art and science is not my specialty.
Below is a list of essential oils in this Acceptance Oil Blend that I use in my practice:
- Grounding and sacred oils emotionally that support the brain and spiritual well-being. My favorites are sandalwood and frankincense.
- Uplifting citrus oils, especially the soothing aroma of bergamot.
- The heart-brain harmonizing oil of ylang ylang.
- Geranium oil for balancing hormones and stress, as hormonal imbalances can oftentimes impact brain and emotional health.
- Ocotea quixos for its warming and relaxing characteristics. It is known as “American cinnamon,” and has many helpful properties based on its diversity of chemical compounds. It contains cinnamaldehyde, which has some evidence for supporting blood sugar. Balancing glucose levels can be very helpful during overwhelming times, as blood sugar is impacted by stressful triggers and can cause downstream blood flow issues without intervention.
- Jasmine to support functional brain patterns, decrease grogginess, and enhance mood. A small trial published in Journal of Health Research with 20 subject found that inhalation of jasmine caused an increase in beta wave power (indicating increased alertness) in the anterior and left posterior region of the brain. Subjects also reported a greater feeling of well-being and were less drowsy when inhaling jasmine as compared to the resting and control condition (almond oil).
- Dilute several drops in an ounce of carrier oil and apply on the wrists and over heart. Inhale.
- Diffuse this blend daily and during meditation or relaxation periods.
So, there you have it!
Perhaps you'll try one of these oils in your next order now that you know a little more about them, or maybe you'll get them for free!!
Get more details on qualifying here.
If you want to join my team, are new, or have an account already, click here to order.
Again, feel free to reach out with any questions!
Note: The information linking studies on the essential oils are from scientific journals and are not necessarily specific to a particular company or manufacturer. Please read the full disclaimer on the full posts linked.
This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)