Spring is a time to reconnect to the planet, to shake off the buildup of winter, and get a fresh start.
Essential oils and Young Living's naturally derived products capture the scents and spirit of the season.
The following oils, included in April's gifts with purchase, can help you renew your senses and move into the springtime with more joy.
1. Citrus Oils: Lemon Oil and Tangerine Oil
Citrus smells are well-known for their mood and nervous system supporting properties. These scents are uplifting and have been found to ease anxiety when diffused around children.
Lemon oil is probably the most familiar citrus oil, though others, such as tangerine and orange, are also noteworthy for their limonene content. Limonene is the common component found in citrus oils that has been shown to support cellular health, enhance immune function, ease digestion, and much more.
Combine several of your favorite ones and diffuse them while your family is focusing on school or work projects. Everyone will enjoy the benefits of this mood boosting infusion! You can also them in some DIY spring cleaning recipes for a fresh, immune-enhancing clean scent.
Purification blend contains lemongrass, citronella, rosemary, lavadin, myrtle, and tea tree oil. It is a good mixture to enhance the enjoyment of the outdoor environment annoyance-free from unwanted critters.
It’s also a clean and invigorating scent that serves as a healthy substitute to the toxic-fragrances of air fresheners and candles. These harmful synthetic chemicals can negatively impact health and cause headaches, brain fog, and other issues that hinder learning.
This mixture can be soothing to the skin and applied with a carrier oil to the back of the neck to enhance focus. It can also be diffused to purify the home.
Lushious Lemon essential oil blend helps neutralize unwanted odors and fills your space with cheer and brightness. It contains:
- the citrus notes of lemon myrtle and lemon
- the fresh floral scent of ylang ylang which soothes the heart and nervous system
- cool, refreshing spearmint for hormonal and digestive support
- eucalyptus globulus, high in 1-8 cineole for respiratory support
4. Peppermint Oil (One of my all-time fave!)
Peppermint oil is best known for how it supports the gut and digestion, but it also enhances exercise performance and attention.
Science Geek Out Time:*
1. Researchers of one small study with 30 healthy male university students randomly divided them into an experimental group of oral administration of peppermint oil (50 ul) and a control group. The study aimed to determine if ingestion of peppermint oil modulated physiological parameters and exercise performance after five minutes and one hour of administration. The authors measured maximum isometric grip force, vertical and long jumps, spirometric parameters, visual and audio reaction times, blood pressure, heart rate, and breath rate. The results revealed significant improvement in all the variables following peppermint essential oil consumption.*
2. Peppermint has also been shown to be helpful for focus. In one recent, small study it was reported that, “Both cinnamon and peppermint administration led to increased ratings of alertness, decreased temporal demand, and decreased frustration over the course of the driving scenario. In addition, peppermint scent reduced anxiety and fatigue.”
3. Finally, peppermint oil also has clinical evidence for relieving symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), which is often linked to cognitive and mood imbalances.
When I was in naturopathic medicine school, I was known for passing around a bottle of peppermint oil before exams. Every passerby knew when our class had a test, because the whole room smelled like a refreshing minty delight!!
*(50 ul is about 4-5 drops of essential oils, .05ml = .001 oz, 300 drops are in 15 ml of oils or .5 oz)
5. Pine Oil
Pine essential oil has an uplifting aroma that provides a refreshing breathing experience, encourages feelings of positive energy, and repels the influence of negative energy. It is high in phytnocides that support immune health, lower stress, and decrease cortisol.
Get more details on qualifying here.
Click here to order.
Click here to order.
*Disclaimer: This material is for information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prescribe for any illness. You should check with your doctor regarding implementing any new strategies into your wellness regime. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. (Affiliation link.)
This information is applicable ONLY for therapeutic quality essential oils. This information DOES NOT apply to essential oils that have not been tested for purity and standardized constituents. There is no quality control in the United States, and oils labeled as “100% pure” need only to contain 5% of the actual oil. The rest of the bottle can be filled with fillers and sometimes toxic ingredients that can irritate the skin. The studies are not based solely on a specific brand of an essential oil, unless stated. Please read the full study for more information.