Our mindset is the impetus that drives our actions
Let go of negative thoughts
Meditation opens our minds to the higher power
Being generous and compassionate with others helps our own well-being
- "It's not just about the money, it's giving back," says Bobbi. "When we give, we get so much more back in return."
- This is especially true when you're able to help someone who really needs it. For example: If a friend asks for advice on how to deal with their abusive boyfriend, you could say something as simple as: "I think you should leave him." Then your friend will be grateful for your advice and likely feel better about making changes in their life. In effect, by helping them out of an unhealthy situation, you give yourself peace of mind as well!
- Now imagine doing this on a massive scale—for example, through charity work or political activism—and getting similar results across the entire community! The amount of joy that would come from helping everyone around us live happier lives would be exponentially greater than any amount we could ever achieve by ourselves alone!
A well rested body and mind are essential to success
- A well rested body and mind are essential to success
- Sleep helps us form memories
- When we sleep our brains continue consolidating memories from the day into long term storage which makes them easier to access later on when needed (such as when taking a test). According to research conducted by Dr Sara Mednick at UC Irvine School Of Medicine , students who took naps before their tests had better results than students who did not take naps before their tests! The same research showed that even after six months these students maintained higher grades than those who didn't nap before exams! This shows how important good quality sleep really is - if you don't get enough then your brain won’t be working at 100% capacity either during waking hours or when you try catching up on lost sleep later on so make sure that each night your mind gets plenty restful hours between its “offline” moments where no one else can access what's stored there ;)
Practice gratitude for all that we have in this world.
By keeping a positive mindset, it allows us to live a more fulfilling life
- By keeping a positive mindset, it allows us to live a more fulfilling life. When we are positive, we can do more. We are more likely to achieve our goals and succeed in life. We are also more likely to be happy and healthy as well as generous with others.
- The opposite is true when we have a negative mindset. A negative attitude will not allow us to do what we want in life or accomplish any of our dreams because everything seems like such an uphill battle with no way out.
Hey and happy thanksgiving week!!
This week officially brings in the busy season with it and I wanted to give you a quick reminder. I want to remind you during these times of busy-ness, parties, sugar cookies and making sure everyone else is taken care of, make sure to take care of you first. Here’s a simple practice: take a few minutes in the morning before you even get your feet on the floor, to be grateful. State to yourself 5 things you’re grateful for and try to feel the emotion with it. Practice it. Make it a habit. Heck, even add a gratitude journal You’d be amazed at what you start to write about. The change comes with the practice. Keep going, even if you skip a day or 3. Give yourself grace and start again. You’re enough! Today the Black Friday week of deals has dropped!